Name of scholarship/program
TIGP-Molecular and Cell Biology Program (MCB)
About TIGP-Molecular and Cell Biology Program (MCB)
Eligibility and other criteria
Choosing a graduate program is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. Then, why should you choose MOLECULAR AND CELL BIOLOGY PROGRAM. Because it is a SMART choice.
[S]upport that encompasses both academic and living needs.
1. The supportive faculty strives to mentor young scientists and provide strong career foundations.
2. Supportive staff works to facilitate student interactions, and to make them feel at home at the institute and in Taipei. Finally, the MCB TIGP program provides competitive financial support, including low tuition fees and access to the medical care as well as grants to support students research, living, and conference travel costs.
[M]olecular biology training that is both comprehensive and integrative.
Students in TIGP MCB program receive a solid foundation in every aspect of molecular biology and are given opportunities to apply their knowledge to a diverse array of research fields.
[A]ccessible faculty who strive to train the next generation of scientists.
Whether in the lab or in the classroom, TIGP-MCB program gives students access to nationally and internationally recognized professors at Academia Sinica and the National Defense Medical Center.
[R]esources encompassing everything from technical support in cutting-edge technologies and facilities to assistance with scientific writing and communication ensure that students receive comprehensive help in achieving their research and academic goals.
[T]aipei offers all the conveniences of a global, cosmopolitan city while remaining accessible, friendly, and one of the safest cities in the world.
The SMART training provided in the MCB program which is sponsored by the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Academia Sinica in cooperation with the Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), National Defense Medical Center will help you build up your professional career.
[Fellowship and Stipend]
TIGP provides fellowship support of NT$34,000 (about over US$1100) per month for all graduate students during the first year of their enrollment. The support will be extended for another two years upon evidence of satisfactory progress towards the degree. In subsequent years, the financial support will be provided by the students thesis advisor. The amount of the support will be at the discretion of the advisor.
Students with backgrounds in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, genetics, anatomy, chemistry, physics and related fields are welcome to apply.
Applicants holding a M.S. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution, or who will obtain the degree within one semester, can apply for admission.
1. Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree
2. English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT (for local applicants) scores
3. GRE Score (optional) or supplementary information (e.g. thesis or publication)
5. TWO Letters of Recommendation
6. Statement of Purpose
7. Other Evidence of Scholarly Achievement
* January 31, 2019
Additional information, and important URL
© 2019 LeadLearners.Org ™
Designed by: Emmanuel Salawu at Bioinformatics Center