Name of scholarship/program
2013 Amsterdam Merit Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands
Read more: 2013 Amsterdam Merit Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands : 2012 2013 College Scholarships, PhD Scholarships, Postdoctoral, Graduate International Scholarships Fellowships
Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
Eligibility and other criteria
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the worlds brightest students to its international classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.The Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) have specifically been designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UvA. The AMS programme is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
University of Amsterdam- Hold non-EEA nationality or nationalities only.
- Not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan.
- Not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA.
- Not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship.
- Have submitted a complete application to one of the English-taught, selective Masters programmes of the GSSS.
- Have been (or will be) admitted to one of the English-taught, selective Masters programmes of the GSSS.
- Be enrolled at the time of receipt of the scholarship as a full time student in one of the English-taught, selective Masters programmes offered by the GSSS.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Demonstrate a financial need.
Application deadline for the September 2013 intake:
Additional information, and important URL
1 April 2013 for international students.
1 August 2013 for Dutch degree students.
What does it cover?
The scholarship consists of 6,000, 9,000 or 12,000, but awards are based on the comprehensive financial plan.
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by their academic records, letters of recommendation, written work and/or publications and their proposed research questions.
- The quality of their letter of motivation.
Applicants will be informed before the end of May or October.
© 2018 LeadLearners.Org ™
Designed by: Emmanuel Salawu at Bioinformatics Center