Name of scholarship/program
TIGP-Molecular and Cell Biology Program (MCB)
About TIGP-Molecular and Cell Biology Program (MCB)
Eligibility and other criteria
Choosing a graduate program is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. Then, why should you choose MOLECULAR AND CELL BIOLOGY PROGRAM? Because it is a SMART choice.
[S]upport that encompasses both academic and living needs.
1. The supportive faculty strives to mentor young scientists and provide strong career foundations.
2. Supportive staff works to facilitate student interactions, and to make them feel at home at the institute and in Taipei. Finally, the MCB TIGP program provides competitive financial support, including low tuition fees and access to the medical care as well as grants to support students_ research, living, and conference travel costs.
[M]olecular biology training that is both comprehensive and integrative.
Students in TIGP MCB program receive a solid foundation in every aspect of molecular biology and are given opportunities to apply their knowledge to a diverse array of research fields.
[A]ccessible faculty who strive to train the next generation of scientists.
Whether in the lab or in the classroom, TIGP-MCB program gives students access to nationally and internationally recognized professors at Academia Sinica and the National Defense Medical Center.
[R]esources encompassing everything from technical support in cutting-edge technologies and facilities to assistance with scientific writing and communication ensure that students receive comprehensive help in achieving their research and academic goals.
[T]aipei offers all the conveniences of a global, cosmopolitan city while remaining accessible, friendly, and one of the safest cities in the world.
The SMART training provided in the MCB program which is sponsored by the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Academia Sinica in cooperation with the Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), National Defense Medical Center will help you build up your professional career.
Fellowship and Stipend
TIGP provides fellowship support of NT$34,000 (about over US$1000) per month for all graduate students during the first year of their enrollment. The support will be extended for another two years upon evidence of satisfactory progress towards the degree. In subsequent years, the financial support will be provided by the student_s thesis advisor. The amount of the support will be at the discretion of the advisor.
Students with backgrounds in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, genetics, anatomy, chemistry, physics and related fields are welcome to apply.
Applicants holding a B.S. degree from an accredited institution, or who will obtain the degree within one semester, can apply for admission.
1. Certificate of degree
Official records are defined as original documents issued by the institution that bear the actual signature of the Registrar and the seal of the issuing institution.
A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher for all college work (4.0 = A) is preferred.
3. English Requirements
Students from non-English-speaking countries are expected to read, write, comprehend, and speak English in order to be admitted for graduate study. Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure. One of the following language test scores must be provided for application. Please note that test scores submitted must be taken within the past two years. Applicants should ensure that the test score(s) be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office prior to the application deadline.
Although the English proficiency requirement for admission may vary in respective programs, the recommended requirements are as follows:
(1) TOEFL: A total score of 79 on internet-based (TOEFL-iBT), 213 on computer- based TOEFL or 550 on paper-based TOEFL is strongly recommended as the minimum admission requirement for all programs. Please note that institutional TOEFL will not be accepted; only ETS International TOEFL will be accepted.
(2) IELTS: A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) taken within the past two years is required.
(3) GEPT: In addition to TOEFL and IELTS, applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center. Under this option, applicants must submit their high-intermediate level certificate with the application.
Exemption from the English proficiency requirement
The test of English proficiency can be exempted for applicants graduated from universities where English is the primary language of instruction, if the applicants provide an official certification issued by the Office
4. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
We encourage the applicants to take GRE's General Test. Alternatively, the applicants should provide us with supplementary information (e.g. M.S. thesis, research publication, description of research experiences) that can demonstrate your potential in research. Your qualification will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
6. Statement of Purpose and Study Plan (less than 3 pages)
7. Other Evidence of Scholarly Achievements
After reviewing all the supporting documents mentioned above, candidates passing the first screening will be invited for an interview. Local candidates will be asked to come to Taipei for interviews, whereas international students will be video interviewed.
* March 31, 2017
Additional information, and important URL
© 2019 LeadLearners.Org ™
Designed by: Emmanuel Salawu at Bioinformatics Center