Name of scholarship/program
Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP)
About Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP)
Eligibility and other criteria
To keep up with the pace of today's fast evolving scientific and technological world and to promote the internationalization of higher education in Taiwan, Academia Sinica established the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) in 2002, in collaboration with a consortium of key national research universities. The interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered by TIGP are designed to provide advanced scientific training and research environments for those who wish to do advanced research, to think critically, and to experience a mature international academic setting. Since its inception, under the stewardship of the successive directors, TIGP has grown in the number of interdiscplinary programs and expanded in the global distribution of students - currently, there are about 460 students from around 45 countries studying at TIGP.
- TIGP is under the supervision of Academia Sinica, a government-funded foremost research institution with a proud tradition and international recognition
- TIGP, in cooperation with top research universities in Taiwan, offers highly specialized, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. programs at the cutting edge of science and technology
- TIGP offers all-English tutoring and research environment and world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities
- TIGP offers graduate fellowships (NTD34,000/month) to each admitted student for up to 3 years
Fellowship and Stipend
TIGP provides fellowship support of NT$34,000 (about US$1,133) per month for all graduate students during the first year of their enrollment. The support will be extended for another two years upon evidence of satisfactory progress towards the degree. In subsequent years, the financial support will be provided by the studentﾒs thesis advisor. The amount of the support will be at the discretion of the advisor.
TIGP welcome and encourage all students from around the world to apply. We admit students to the fall semester only, and the official deadline for application is March 31 every year.
Individuals (either international students or students from Taiwan) with a B.S. or M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution are eligible to apply. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the applicantﾒs qualifications for admission:
1. Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree
2. English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT (for local applicants) scores
3. GRE Score (optional)
4. Undergraduate and/or Graduate Academic Transcripts
5. Three Letters of Recommendation
6. Statement of Purpose
7. Supporting Documents (ex. publications, original papers)
* March 31, 2015
Additional information, and important URL
© 2018 LeadLearners.Org ™
Designed by: Emmanuel Salawu at Bioinformatics Center