Name of scholarship/program
PhD position at the University catholique de Louvain Bel
Eligibility and other criteria
The Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA) at the University catholique de Louvain opens up a PhD position and a postdoc position in the framework of an Interuniversity Attraction Pole Programme (IAP-Belgian Science Policy).
The Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA, http://www.uclouvai
n.be/isba) is a renowned research centre of high international reputation which offers a very stimulating working environment. Around 30 pre- and postdoctoral researchers are working under the supervision of 10 full-time professors, in a variety of fields of methodological and applied statistics, including biostatistics and actuarial sciences.
The ISBA is currently working on the IAP project Developing crucial statistical methods for understanding major complex dynamic systems in natural, biomedical and social sciencesâ and is searching candidates with interest and experience in:
- The study of associations and dependencies in complex systems
- The study of different dynamics in complex systems
- Multivariate modelling and hierarchically structured data
- Dynamics of a stochastic system and the impact of non-observed characteristics
- Variable and model selection and the study of (ultra-)high dimensional data
The candidate (PhD) will also be involved on a small scale into some teaching activities of the institute.
* 1 February 2013
Additional information, and important URL
© 2020 LeadLearners.Org ™
Designed by: Emmanuel Salawu at Bioinformatics Center